On 25/02/17 09:40, Erik Rijkers wrote:
> On 2017-02-25 00:40, Petr Jelinek wrote:
>
>> 0001-Use-asynchronous-connect-API-in-libpqwalreceiver.patch
>> 0002-Fix-after-trigger-execution-in-logical-replication.patch
>> 0003-Add-RENAME-support-for-PUBLICATIONs-and-SUBSCRIPTION.patch
>> snapbuild-v3-0001-Reserve-global-xmin-for-create-slot-snasphot-export.patch
>>
>> snapbuild-v3-0002-Don-t-use-on-disk-snapshots-for-snapshot-export-in-l.patch
>>
>> snapbuild-v3-0003-Fix-xl_running_xacts-usage-in-snapshot-builder.patch
>> snapbuild-v3-0004-Skip-unnecessary-snapshot-builds.patch
>> 0001-Logical-replication-support-for-initial-data-copy-v6.patch
>
> Here are some results. There is improvement although it's not an
> unqualified success.

Yep, I found yet another bug in snapbuild (see the relevant thread). I
hope with the updated patches from there (now 5 of them) it should
finally work correctly.

> I want to repeat what I said a few emails back: problems seem to
> disappear when a short wait state is introduced (directly after the
> 'alter subscription sub1 enable' line) to give the logrep machinery time
> to 'settle'. It makes one think of a timing error somewhere (now don't
> ask me where..).

I think that's because if you sleep, the COPY finishes in meantime and
so there is no concurrency with pgbench when the initial snapshot is
being taken so that's not solution for production.

> (By the way, no hanged sessions so far, so that's good)

Great.