On 3/3/17 4:54 PM, David Steele wrote:

On 2/1/17 1:25 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
Hello, thank you for moving this to the next CF.

At Wed, 1 Feb 2017 13:09:51 +0900, Michael Paquier <michael.paqu...@gmail.com> wrote
in <CAB7nPqRFhUv+GX=eH1bo7xYHS79-gRj1ecu2QoQtHvX9RS=j...@mail.gmail.com>
On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 4:58 PM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
<horiguchi.kyot...@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
Six new syscaches in 665d1fa was conflicted and 3-way merge
worked correctly. The new syscaches don't seem to be targets of
this patch.
To be honest, I am not completely sure what to think about this patch.
Moved to next CF as there is a new version, and no new reviews to make
the discussion perhaps move on.
I'm thinking the following is the status of this topic.

- The patch stll is not getting conflicted.

- This is not a hollistic measure for memory leak but surely
   saves some existing cases.

- Shared catcache is another discussion (and won't really
   proposed in a short time due to the issue on locking.)

- As I mentioned, a patch that caps the number of negative
   entries is avaiable (in first-created - first-delete manner)
   but it is having a loose end of how to determine the
   limitation.
While preventing bloat in the syscache is a worthwhile goal, it appears
there are a number of loose ends here and a new patch has not been provided.

It's a pretty major change so I recommend moving this patch to the
2017-07 CF.

Not hearing any opinions pro or con, I'm moving this patch to the 2017-07 CF.

--
-David
da...@pgmasters.net