Hi all, I just get postgresql from cvs and could compile perfectly on cygwin!! Great work guys!!!

But when I run the initdb script, it fails with the following message:

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

Fixing permissions on existing directory /var/pgsqlcvs/... ok
creating directory /var/pgsqlcvs//base... ok
creating directory /var/pgsqlcvs//global... ok
creating directory /var/pgsqlcvs//pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /var/pgsqlcvs//pg_clog... ok
creating template1 database in /var/pgsqlcvs//base/1... ok
creating configuration files... ok
initializing pg_shadow... ok
enabling unlimited row size for system tables... ok
initializing pg_depend... ok
creating system views... ok
creating conversions... ok
setting privileges on built-in objects... ERROR: user "Francisco" does not exis
IN: get_usesysid (lsyscache.c:1737)

initdb failed.

I'm running with an account name "Francisco Figueiredo"

I know this can't be a major issue, but I just wanted let you know.
I could easily workaround by passing a "non-spaced" name as the super user with the -U option.

psql also seems to be with problems as it says it can't find PQFreemem in the pq.dll

But I could use the psql from the 7.3.2 release :)

Again, great work guys!

--
Regards,

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.

------
"My grandfather once told me that there are two
kinds of people: those
who work and those who take the credit. He told me
to try to be in the
- Indira Gandhi

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to [EMAIL PROTECTED])