On 3/2/17 11:34 AM, Petr Jelinek wrote:
> On 02/03/17 13:23, Craig Ringer wrote:
>>
>> I particularly dislike calling a commit callback for an abort. So I'd
>> like to look further into the interface side of things. I'm inclined
>> to suggest adding new callbacks for 2pc prepare, commit and rollback,
>> and if the output plugin doesn't set them fall back to the existing
>> behaviour. Plugins that aren't interested in 2PC (think ETL) should
>> probably not have to deal with it, we might as well just send them
>> only the actually committed xacts, when they commit.
>>

> I think this is a good approach to handle it.

It's been a while since there was any activity on this thread and a very
long time since the last patch.  As far as I can see there are far more
questions than answers in this thread.

If you need more time to produce a patch, please post an explanation for
the delay and a schedule for the new patch.  If no patch or explanation
is is posted by 2017-03-17 AoE I will mark this submission
"Returned with Feedback".

--
-David
da...@pgmasters.net