On 3/22/17 15:37, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
If changing WAL sizes catches on, I do think we should keep thinking
about a new format for a future release,

I think that means that I'm skeptical about changing the default size
right now.

I think if we don't change the default size it's very unlikely I would use alternate WAL segment sizes or recommend that anyone else does, at least in v10.

I simply don't think it would get the level of testing required to be production worthy and I doubt that most tool writers would be quick to add support for a feature that very few people (if any) use.

--
-David
da...@pgmasters.net