From: pgsql-hackers-ow...@postgresql.org
> [mailto:pgsql-hackers-ow...@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Kang Yuzhe

> 1. Prepare Hands-on with PG internals
>

>  For example, a complete Hands-on  with SELECT/INSERT SQL Standard PG
> internals. The point is the experts can pick one fairly complex feature
> and walk it from Parser to Executor in a hands-on manner explaining step
> by step every technical detail.

I sympathize with you.  What level of detail do you have in mind?  The query
processing framework is described in the manual:

Chapter 50. Overview of PostgreSQL Internals
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/overview.html

More detailed source code analysis is provided for very old PostgreSQL 7.4, but
I guess it's not much different now.  The document is in Japanese only:

http://ikubo.x0.com/PostgreSQL/pg_source.htm

Are you thinking of something like this?

MySQL Internals Manual
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/internals/en/

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa