В письме от 17 марта 2017 14:21:26 пользователь Alvaro Herrera написал:

> Please make sure to mark functions as static (e.g. bringetreloptcatalog).
I am a bit confused here:

For brin and nbtree this is a good idea: brin.c and nbtree.c has AM-handler
inside it, and  there are other static functions there. Adding one more static
function here seems to be quite logical.

For gin, gist and spgist, authors seems to use [index_name]_private.h files to
hide internal functions from outside code. In ginutil.c and spgutils.c, where
AM-handler is located, there is no static functions at all...  gist.c has, but
I think I should write similar code for all *_private.h indexes.

So I think it wold be good to hide catalog function via *_pricate.h include
file for these three indexes.

hash.c is quite a mess...
There is no hash_private.h, AM-handles is located in hash.c, that has "This
file contains only the public interface routines." comment at the beginning,
and there is no static functions inside. I do not know what is the right way
to hide hashgetreloptcatalog function here...

What would you advise?

--
Nikolay Shaplov, independent Perl & C/C++ developer. Available for hire.