On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 7:04 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapil...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>   For such an heap insert, we will pass
> the actual value of column to index_form_tuple during index insert.
> However during recheck when we fetch the value of c2 from heap tuple
> and pass it index tuple, the value is already in compressed form and
> index_form_tuple might again try to compress it because the size will
> still be greater than TOAST_INDEX_TARGET and if it does so, it might
> make recheck fail.

Would it? I thought  "if
(!VARATT_IS_EXTENDED(DatumGetPointer(untoasted_values[i]))" check should
prevent that. But I could be reading those macros wrong. They are probably
heavily uncommented and it's not clear what each of those VARATT_* macro do.

Thanks,
Pavan

--
 Pavan Deolasee                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/