Vaishnavi Prabakaran wrote:

> Hmm, With batch mode, after sending COPY command to server(and server
> started processing the query and goes into COPY state) , client does not
> immediately read the result , but it keeps sending other queries to the
> server. By this time, server already encountered the error
> scenario(Receiving different message during COPY state) and sent error
> messages

IOW, the test intentionally violates the protocol and then all goes wonky
because of that.
That's why I was wondering upthread what's it's supposed to test.
I mean, regression tests are meant to warn against a desirable behavior
being unknowingly changed by new code into an undesirable behavior.
Here we have the undesirable behavior to start with.
What kind of regression could we fear from that?

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité
Twitter: @DanielVerite