On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 11:21 AM, Feike Steenbergen <
feikesteenber...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Forwarding message from pgsql-bugs for review
>

> Attached a patch which copies the logic from commit
> 93a6be63a55a8cd0d73b3fa81eb6a46013a3a974.
>
> In the current implementation we only consider privileges of the foreign
> server
> in determining whether or not to show the user mapping details. This patch
> copies the same logic (and documentation) used in commit
> 93a6be63a55a8cd0d73b3fa81eb6a46013a3a974 to not always show the user
> mapping
> options.

This needs to update the regression tests.

But I'm not sure it is behaviorally correct, either.  One of the regression
tests fails with:

ERROR:  role "33175" does not exist

Which doesn't seem like it should fail in this manner.

Also, this patch allows a user to see the password of their own user
mapping where they don't have usage permissions on the server (e.g. their
user mapping was created by a superuser, not by them).  Without the patch,
they cannot do that, and I don't think this patch should change that.

Ideally, I would say they shouldn't be able to see the password for any
mapping they didn't create, even if they do have USAGE and they are the
user the mapping is for.  But I don't see that the creator of the user
mapping is stored in the catalog, so perhaps that is not possible.

Cheers,

Jeff