On 04/04/2017 10:42 PM, Tomas Vondra wrote:
Hi,

Andres nagged to me about valgrind runs taking much longer since
9fab40ad introduced the SlabContext into reorderbuffer.c. And by
"longer" I mean hours instead of minutes.

After a bit of investigation I stumbled on this line in slab.c:

  VALGRIND_MAKE_MEM_DEFINED(chunk, SlabChunkGetPointer(chunk));

which is wrong, because the second parameter should be size and not
another pointer. This essentially marks a lot of memory as defined,
which results in the extreme test runtime.

Instead, the line should be:

  VALGRIND_MAKE_MEM_DEFINED(SlabChunkGetPointer(chunk), sizeof(int32));

Patch attached.

Turns out SlabCheck() was missing VALGRIND_MAKE_MEM_DEFINED, resulting in a valgrind failure with --enable-assert. Updated patch version attached, passing all tests in test_decoding.

regards