Hi Peter,

> c) Expand the target buffer sizes until the warning goes away.  (Sample
> patch attached.)

I personally think it's a great patch. Unfortunately I don't have GCC
7.0 right now but at least it doesn't break anything on 6.3.1. Since
there is no rush I would suggest to add an entry to the next commitfest,
so this patch wouldn't accidentally be lost.

As a side node I believe it would be great to replace all sprintf calls
to snprintf just to be on a safe side. IIRC we did something similar to
str* procedures not a long time ago. Unless there are any objections
regarding this idea I'm willing to write such a patch.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev