Rod, all,

* Joe Conway (m...@joeconway.com) wrote:
> On 04/13/2017 01:31 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > * Robert Haas (robertmh...@gmail.com) wrote:
> >>
> >> My guess is that you have found a bug.
> >
> > Indeed.  Joe's been looking into it and I'm hoping to find some time to
> > dig into it shortly.
>
> >> CREATE POLICY split_select ON t FOR SELECT TO split
> >> USING (value > 0);
> >> CREATE POLICY split_update ON t FOR UPDATE TO split
> >> USING (true) WITH CHECK (true);
>
> Yes -- from what I can see in gdb:

Actually, looking at this again, the complaint appears to be that you
can't "give away" records.  That was a topic of much discussion and I'm
reasonably sure that was what we ended up deciding made the most sense.
You have to be able to see records to be able to update them (you can't
update records you can't see), and you have to be able to see the result
of your update.  I don't doubt that we could improve the documentation
around this (and apparently the code comments, according to Joe..).

Thanks!

Stephen