On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 9:13 PM, Andrew Dunstan
<andrew.duns...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Yeah, but the way you have done it could also to lead to errors unless
> you're very careful, as I found on axolotl (which died recently,
> unfortunately). There I had to set the stats_temp directory to a
> branch-specific name so a crash on branch A didn't leave stats picked up
> by a run on branch B. I had a script that ran before every buildfarm run
> that made sure the branch-specific directories existed on the tmpfs.

I didn't consider that. Still hamster is only set to run master so
that's not a problem. Running more branches would be too much for this
little dear as it includes TAP tests.

>>  but it is not possible to set up that with the
>> TAP tests. I could always disable --enable-tap-tests on this machine
>> but I don't think that this is a correct answer. Something that could
>> be done is to use an environment variable to set up a base directory
>> for all the nodes created in PostgresNode.pm, and use that for
>> temporary statistics with a custom folder name. But that's not
>> scalable if we want to enforce more parameter.
>
> What more parameters do you want?

Increasing wal_sender_timeout and wal_receiver_timeout can help in
reducing the failures seen.
--
Michael