On 04/24/2017 10:55 PM, Jeff Janes wrote:
On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 12:13 PM, Tomas Vondra
<tomas.von...@2ndquadrant.com <mailto:tomas.von...@2ndquadrant.com>> wrote:

    On 04/24/2017 08:52 PM, Andres Freund wrote:

        I've wanted that too.  It's not impossible at all.

    Why wouldn't that be possible? We probably can't use exactly the
    same approach as Hash, because hashjoins use custom hash table while
    hashagg uses dynahash IIRC. But why couldn't measure the amount of
    memory by looking at the memory context, for example?

He said "not impossible", meaning it is possible.

Ah, the dreaded double negative ...

regards