(On 29 April 2017 at 02:26, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Alexander Korotkov <a.korot...@postgrespro.ru> writes:
>> I've reproduced this bug on d981074c.
>> On default config, after loading example.sql.bz2 and VACUUM ANALYZE, query
>> result is OK.
>> But with seqscan and hashjoin disabled, query returns 0 rows.
>
> Ah, thanks for the clue about enable_hashjoin, because it wasn't
> reproducing for me as stated.
>
> It looks like in the case that's giving wrong answers, the mergejoin
> is wrongly getting marked as "Inner Unique".  Something's a bit too ()
> cheesy about that planner logic --- not sure what, yet.

Seems related to the unconditional setting of extra.inner_unique to
true for JOIN_UNIQUE_INNER jointypes in add_paths_to_joinrel()

Setting this based on the return value of innerrel_is_unique() as done
with the other join types seems to fix the issue.

I don't know yet if that's the correct fix. It's pretty late 'round
this side to be thinking too hard about it.