>> 3.
>> +   longer satisfy the partition constraint of the containing partition. In
>> that
>> +   case, if there is some other partition in the partition tree for which
>> this
>> +   row satisfies its partition constraint, then the row is moved to that
>> +   partition. If there isn't such a partition, an error will occur.
>>
>> Doesn't this error case indicate that this needs to be integrated with
>> Default partition patch of Rahila or that patch needs to take care
>> this error case?
>> Basically, if there is no matching partition, then move it to default
>> partition.
>
> Will have a look on this. Thanks for pointing this out.

I tried update row movement with both my patch and default-partition
patch applied. And it looks like it works as expected :

1. When an update changes the partitioned key such that the row does
not fit into any of the non-default partitions, the row is moved to
the default partition.
2. If the row does fit into a non-default partition, the row moves
into that partition.
3. If a row from a default partition is updated such that it fits into
any of the non-default partition, it moves into that partition. I
think we can debate on whether the row should stay in the default
partition or move. I think it should be moved, since now the row has a
suitable partition.

--
Thanks,
-Amit Khandekar