On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 04:44:46PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Yes, that is _exactly_ the right place to look.  Only in PG 10 do we
> restart the new cluster to invalidate hash indexes.  In previous
> releases we didn't do the restart.
>
> That didn't matter with the old rsync instructions, but now that we have
> removed the start/stop before rsync step, the final WAL status of
> pg_upgrade matters.
>
> I suggest applying the attached patch

Sorry, I meant to say, I suggest applying the attached patch to all
Postgres versions, of course modified.  While the rsync instructions
only appear in PG 9.5+, the instructions work for any supported version of
Postgres, so we should allow it to continue working, even if the updated
instructions are used.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us