On 2017/06/22 16:56, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 9:42 AM, Amit Langote
> <langote_amit...@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> On 2017/06/20 20:37, Amit Kapila wrote:

>>> Won't checking for GIN_META in header->pd_flags gives you what you want?
>>
>> GIN_META flag is not written into pd_flags but GinPageOpaqueData.flags,
>> which still requires including GIN's private header.
>
> Did you check this patch with wal_consistency_checking? I am getting
> failures so your patch does not have the masking of GIN pages
> completely right:
> FATAL:  inconsistent page found, rel 1663/16385/28133, forknum 0, blkno 0
> CONTEXT:  WAL redo at 0/39379EB8 for Gin/UPDATE_META_PAGE:
> That's easily reproducible with installcheck and a standby replaying
> the changes. I did not look at the code in details to see what you may
> be missing here.

Oh, wasn't sure about the gin_mask() changes myself.  Thanks for checking.

Actually, the WAL consistency check fails even without patching
gin_mask(), so the problem may be with the main patch itself.  That is,
the patch needs to do something else other than just teaching
GinInitMetabuffer() to initialize pd_lower.  Will look into that.

Thanks,
Amit

Thanks,
Amit