On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 10:34 AM, Haribabu Kommi
<kommi.harib...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 2:21 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 7:20 AM, Haribabu Kommi
>> <kommi.harib...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >

>> > On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 7:26 AM, Alvaro Herrera
>> > <alvhe...@2ndquadrant.com>

>> > Thanks Alvaro for sharing your development patch.
>> >
>> > Most of the patch design is same as described by Alvaro in the first
>> > mail
>> > [1].
>> > I will detail the modifications, pending items and open items (needs
>> > discussion)
>> > to implement proper pluggable storage.
>> >
>> > Here I attached WIP patches to support pluggable storage. The patch
>> > series
>> > are may not work individually. Still so many things are under
>> > development.
>> > These patches are just to share the approach of the current development.
>> >

>> +typedef struct StorageAmRoutine
>> +{
>>
>> In this structure, you have already covered most of the API's that a
>> new storage module needs to provide, but I think there could be more.
>> One such API could be heap_hot_search.  This seems specific to current
>> heap where we have the provision of HOT.  I think we can provide a new
>> API tuple_search or something like that.
>

> Thanks for the review.
>
> Yes, the storageAmRoutine needs more function pointers. Currently I am
> adding all the functions that are present in the heapam.h and some slot
> related function from tuptable.h.

Hmm, this API is exposed via heapam.h.  Am I missing something?

> Once I stabilize the code and API's that
> are
> currently added, then I will further enhance it with remaining functions
> that
> are necessary to support pluggable storage API.

Sure, but I think if we found any thing during development/review,
then we should either add it immediately or at the very least add fix
me in a patch to avoid forgetting the finding.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.