Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
> I really, really strongly encourage you to rip the use of DSA out here
> entirely.  It is reducing the reliability of a critical part of the
> system for no actual benefit other than speculation that this is going
> to be better in the future, and it adds a bunch of failure cases that
> we could just as well live without.

FWIW, I vote with Robert on this.  When and if you actually want to make
that array resizable, it'd be time to introduce use of a DSA.  But right
now we need to be looking for simple and reliable solutions for v10.

In particular, since right now dsm_type = NONE is still considered
supported, we can't really have autovacuum facilities that are dependent
on being able to use DSM.  That might change in future, but not today.