On 08/23/2017 07:38 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
Thanks for the new version.  I again looked at the patches and fixed
quite a few comments in the code and ReadMe.  You have forgotten to
update README for the changes in vacuum patch
(0003-Improve-locking-startegy-during-VACUUM-in-Hash-Index_v7).  I
don't have anything more to add.  If you are okay with changes, then
we can move it to Ready For Committer unless someone else has some
more comments.

Just some minor comments.

README:
+       it's pin till the end of scan)

its pin till the end of the scan)

+To minimize lock/unlock traffic, hash index scan always searches entire hash

To minimize lock/unlock traffic, hash index scan always searches the entire hash

hashsearch.c:

+static inline void _hash_saveitem(HashScanOpaque so, int itemIndex,
+                          OffsetNumber offnum, IndexTuple itup);

There are other instances of "inline" in the code base, so I guess that this is ok.

+        * Advance to next tuple on current page; or if there's no more, try to

Advance to the next tuple on the current page; or if done, try to

Best regards,
 Jesper