On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 10:52 AM, Bossart, Nathan <bossa...@amazon.com> wrote:
> On 8/30/17, 5:37 PM, "Michael Paquier" <michael.paqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> +VacuumRelation *
>> +makeVacuumRelation(RangeVar *relation, List *va_cols, Oid oid)
>> +{
>> +   VacuumRelation *vacrel = makeNode(VacuumRelation);
>> +   vacrel->relation = relation;
>> +   vacrel->va_cols = va_cols;
>> +   vacrel->oid = oid;
>> +   return vacrel;
>> +}
>> Perhaps in makefuncs.c instead of vacuum.c? That's usually the place
>> used for node constructions like that.
>
> This function is moved in v11.
>
> On 8/30/17, 6:52 PM, "Michael Paquier" <michael.paqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 8:35 AM, David G. Johnston
>> <david.g.johns...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Inspired by the syntax documentation for EXPLAIN:
>>>
>>> VACUUM [ ( option [, ...] ) ] [ table_def [, ...] ]
>>>
>>> where option can be one of:
>>>     FULL
>>>     FREEZE
>>>     VERBOSE
>>>     DISABLE_PAGE_SKIPPING
>>>
>>> and where table_def is:
>>>     table_name [ ( column_name [, ... ] ) ]
>>
>> Yes, splitting things would be nice with the column list. I need more coffee.
>
> I've made this change in v11 as well.
>
> v2 of the de-duplication patch seems to still apply cleanly, so I haven't
> made any further changes to it.

I reviewed these patches and found a issue.

autovacuum worker seems not to work fine. I got an error message;

ERROR:  unrecognized node type: 0
CONTEXT:  automatic analyze of table "postgres.public.hoge"

I think we should set T_RangeVar to rangevar.type in
autovacuum_do_vac_analyze function.

Also, there is a small typo in dedupe_vacuum_relations_v2.patch.

+                       /* if already procesed or not equal, skip */
+                       if (list_member_int(duplicates, i) ||
relation->oid != nth_rel->oid)
+                               continue;

s/procesed/processed/g

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada