On 09/05/2017 02:24 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Jesper Pedersen <jesper.peder...@redhat.com> writes:
I have tested this patch on a 2-socket machine, but don't see any
performance change in the various runs. However, there is no regression
either in all cases.

Hm, so if we can't demonstrate a performance win, it's hard to justify
risking touching this code.  What test case(s) did you use?

I ran pgbench (-M prepared) with synchronous_commit 'on' and 'off' using both logged and unlogged tables. Also ran an internal benchmark which didn't show anything either.

Setting the entry back to "Needs Review" for additional feedback from others.

Best regards,
 Jesper