On 09/12/2017 03:41 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> So the conclusion at the end of the last commitfest was that this patch
> should be marked Returned With Feedback, and no new work appears to have
> been done on it since then.  Why is it in this fest at all?  There
> certainly doesn't seem to be any reason to review it again.

I'm not sure how to read the history of the CF entry. Could it
have rolled over to 2017-09 by default if its status was simply
never changed to Returned with Feedback as intended in the last
one? The history doesn't seem to show anything since 2017-03-19.

I would still advocate for a fast-callback/slow-callback distinction,
as in
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/59813946.40508%40anastigmatix.net
if that does not seem overcomplicated to more experienced hands.

-Chap