Spec compliant:           not tested
Documentation:            not tested

Code looks fine, but one niggly complaint at line 146 of the patch file ("while
(*cp) {"). A K&R style brace slipped in, which doesn't match the formatting of
the file.

Given that this is providing new formatting options, there should be new tests
added that validate the options and error handling.

There's also the "do we want this?" debate from the discussion thread that
still needs to be resolved. (I don't have an opinion either way.)

I'm sending this back to the author to address the first two issues.

The new status of this patch is: Waiting on Author