Hello Robins,

Thanks for the review.

make installcheck-world:  not tested
Implements feature:       tested, failed

Where ?

Spec compliant:           not tested
Documentation:            tested, failed

Where ? I just regenerated the html doc on the patch without a glitch.

The patch applies cleanly and compiles + installs fine (although am unable to do installcheck-world on my Cygwin setup). This is how the patch works on my setup.

$ /opt/postgres/reviewpatch/bin/psql -U postgres -h localhost
psql (11devel, server 9.6.1)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=# \set i 1
postgres=# \if :{?i}
postgres=# \echo 'testing'
testing
postgres=# \endif
postgres=# \if :{?id}
postgres@# \echo 'testing'
\echo command ignored; use \endif or Ctrl-C to exit current \if block
postgres@# \endif
postgres=#

ISTM that this is the expected behavior.

In the first case, "i" is defined, so the test is true and the echo echoes.

In the second case, "id" is undefined, the test is false and the echo is skipped.

I do not understand why you conclude that the feature "failed".

--
Fabien.