Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
> Perhaps we should apply some glorified version of this:

> +    if (list_length(object) < 2)
> +        elog(ERROR, "fail");

> However, I'm not 100% sure that would be sufficient to suppress these
> warnings, because the compiler has got to be smart enough to know that
> elog() doesn't return and that i >= 2 is sufficient to guarantee that
> everything is initialized.

I'm betting it wouldn't help.  I was considering something along the line
of unrolling the loop:

        Assert(list_length(object) == 2);

        assign typenames[0] and typeoids[0] from linitial(object)

        assign typenames[1] and typeoids[1] from lsecond(object)

This would involve duplicating the loop body, but that's only 3 lines,
so I think it wouldn't even net out as more code.