Hi,

On 2017-10-04 10:47:06 -0700, Sean Chittenden wrote:
> Hello.  We identified the same problem.  Sam Gwydir and Josh Clulow were able
> to put together the appropriate fix after.
>
> The breakage in src/backend/port/sysv_shmem.c and
> src/include/storage/dsm_impl.h should be back ported to all supported
> versions (the regression was introduced between the 9.2 and 9.3 branches).

Personally I don't think "breakage" is quite the right work.

I also don't like that we're unconditionally not using
USE_ANONYMOUS_SHMEM - doesn't that run into similar config limits on
solaris based stuff as it does on linux etc?

I think if we want to do this, we should rather go with a patch like
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20140422121921.gd4...@awork2.anarazel.de

Greetings,

Andres Freund