For e.g. I am checking for this query

with ss as
 (select ca_county,d_qoy, d_year,sum(ss_ext_sales_price) as store_sales
 from store_sales,date_dim,customer_address
 where ss_sold_date_sk = d_date_sk
  and ss_addr_sk=ca_address_sk
 group by ca_county,d_qoy, d_year),
 ws as
 (select ca_county,d_qoy, d_year,sum(ws_ext_sales_price) as web_sales
 from web_sales,date_dim,customer_address
 where ws_sold_date_sk = d_date_sk
  and ws_bill_addr_sk=ca_address_sk
 group by ca_county,d_qoy, d_year)
 select /* tt */
        ss1.ca_county
       ,ss1.d_year
       ,ws2.web_sales/ws1.web_sales web_q1_q2_increase
       ,ss2.store_sales/ss1.store_sales store_q1_q2_increase
       ,ws3.web_sales/ws2.web_sales web_q2_q3_increase
       ,ss3.store_sales/ss2.store_sales store_q2_q3_increase
 from
        ss ss1
       ,ss ss2
       ,ss ss3
       ,ws ws1
       ,ws ws2
       ,ws ws3
 where
    ss1.d_qoy = 1
    and ss1.d_year = 2000
    and ss1.ca_county = ss2.ca_county
    and ss2.d_qoy = 2
    and ss2.d_year = 2000
 and ss2.ca_county = ss3.ca_county
    and ss3.d_qoy = 3
    and ss3.d_year = 2000
    and ss1.ca_county = ws1.ca_county
    and ws1.d_qoy = 1
    and ws1.d_year = 2000
    and ws1.ca_county = ws2.ca_county
    and ws2.d_qoy = 2
    and ws2.d_year = 2000
    and ws1.ca_county = ws3.ca_county
    and ws3.d_qoy = 3
    and ws3.d_year =2000
    and case when ws1.web_sales > 0 then ws2.web_sales/ws1.web_sales else
null end
       > case when ss1.store_sales > 0 then ss2.store_sales/ss1.store_sales
else null end
    and case when ws2.web_sales > 0 then ws3.web_sales/ws2.web_sales else
null end
       > case when ss2.store_sales > 0 then ss3.store_sales/ss2.store_sales
else null end
 order by web_q2_q3_increase;

It's a TPC-DS benchmark query.
It doesn't has a join predicate between ss1 and ws2 or ss1 and ws3. But
optimizer still considers a join among them.