On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 7:47 AM, legrand legrand
<legrand_legr...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> This may seems obvious for you
>
> but where is the build result ?

Each CI platform has a web page corresponding to your
GitHub/BitBucket/... user account that lists builds results.  You can
also get notifications by various means including email if there is a
failure.  Here's a randomly selected example build log:

https://travis-ci.org/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/builds/287749152

That particular build happened  because a cronjob of mine pushed a
Commitfest patch into a branch on github, and I maintain plenty more
branches here:

https://github.com/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/branches

Here are the resulting builds:

https://travis-ci.org/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/branches

Here's a build from a personal development branch of my own, this time
on AppVeyor:

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/macdice/postgres/build/1.0.3

As Andrew mentioned, AppVeyor builds using his appveyor.yml with the
addition of test_script that I showed above current fail in "test
tablespace" for some reason that we'll need to sort out, and as I
mentioned you can't yet see the regressions.diff output etc... but
it's a start.  This is actually already useful for me, because I
changed a bunch of temporarily file cleanup code and I wanted to
confirm that it would work on Window.  That's being exercised in one
of the tests.  So far so good.

> Is it stored somewhere to permit to users like me
> that want to test pg 10 on windows
> without having to build it ?

That's the idea.  It's quite similar to the build farm, except that it
tests your stuff *before* it gets committed to master and everyone
shouts at you, and can also be used to test strange experiments and
theories without disturbing anyone else.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com