On 2017/10/22 5:25, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 22, 2017 at 5:09 AM, Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Thank you for letting me know.
>>>
>>> Hmm, it's an interesting failure. I'll investigate it and post the new
>>> patch.
>>
>> Did you ever find out what the cause of this problem was?
>
> I wonder if it might have been the same issue that commit
> 19de0ab23ccba12567c18640f00b49f01471018d fixed a week or so later.

Hmm, 19de0ab23ccba seems to prevent the "cache lookup failed for relation
XXX" error in a different code path though (the code path handling manual
vacuum).  Not sure if the commit could have prevented that error being
emitted by DROP SCHEMA ... CASCADE, which seems to be what produced it in
this case.  Maybe I'm missing something though.

Thanks,
Amit