I have updated ecpg/test/test_thread.pgc to do an automated thread test.

First, update to current CVS.  Then, run configure with
--enable-thread-safety, compile/install, then go to ecpg/test, and do a
'gmake', then run 'test_thread dbname'.  It should return success or
failure.

I hope this program can be used to test threading on our various
platforms.