Seun Osewa wrote:
I observed that in in many applications there are some transactions
that are more critical than others.  I may have the same database
instance managing website visitor accounting and financial
transactions.  I could tolerate the loss of a few transactions whose
only job is to tell me a user has clicked a page on my website but
would not dare risk this for any of the "real" financials work my
web-based app is doing.

It is possible to split the data over 2 database clusters:
one which contains "important" data (this cluster will be configured with fsync enabled), and a second one that contains the less
important data (configured with fsync=off for speed reasons).

Cheers,

Adrian Maier
([EMAIL PROTECTED])