Bruce Momjian wrote:

Tom Lane wrote:

Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Agreed. I like --dump-config. Better to have the verb first.

My only objection to that is that "dump" suggests you will get some kind
of snapshot of current settings, which is not what this facility does.

I think people will associate dump with pg_dump, meaning "dump out the data". I don't think the snapshot idea will not occur to them. Copy has an in/out capability that doesn't match.

--display-config might have the more accurate meaning you were looking for.