--On Thursday, October 30, 2003 18:43:25 -0500 Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Barring the discovery of any major new bugs, the core committee has
agreed to release 7.4RC1 on Monday.  Time to get those last-minute
fixes in place.

I currently have the following issues on my radar screen:

Force GRANT/REVOKE by superuser to act as though owner of object?
Change libpgtcl to use ByteArray for lo_read/lo_write (ljb's patch)
Add option for parallelism limit in make check (Andrew Dunstan's patch)
rule/foreign key interaction reported by Michele Bendazzoli

plus various minor documentation fixes. Not much there...

BTW, 7.4 final will be as early as the following Monday if no problems
are detected.  We will decide on a week-to-week basis whether we are
ready to release final or not.
Is there any possibility of getting some help to detect the SCO UnixWare 7.1.3UP3 compiler to allow us to conditionally remove the -Kno_host for
the fixed compiler into 7.4?

It would be a good thing. (UP3 came out yesterday).

LER

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

-- Larry Rosenman http://www.lerctr.org/~ler Phone: +1 972-414-9812 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] US Mail: 1905 Steamboat Springs Drive, Garland, TX 75044-6749