"Marc G. Fournier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Kenji Sugita wrote:
>> ../../../src/interfaces/libpgtcl/libpgtcl.so: undefined reference to
>> `Tcl_NewByteArrayObj'
>> ../../../src/interfaces/libpgtcl/libpgtcl.so: undefined reference to
>> `Tcl_GetByteArrayFromObj'

> what version of tcl do you have installed?

Too old, looks like :-(.

We just applied a patch that uses Tcl ByteArray objects to prevent
charset-translation problems with lo_read() and lo_write() in recent
Tcl releases.  This breaks compatibility with Tcl 8.0.* because
ByteArray wasn't added till 8.1.

I'd have preferred not to break compatibility with Tcl 8.0.*, but I
didn't see a whole lot of alternatives.  There isn't any other way
AFAICS to prevent recent Tcl releases from applying an unwanted
translation.