On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 12:16:23PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Here are the major things I do for the PostgreSQL project.  Are there
> some items I should be doing more/less of?
>
>       o  Patches
>       o  TODO/FAQ
>       o  Email discussion, coordination
>       o  Win32
>       o  Talks
>       o  Books/articles
>       o  Web site cleanup
>       o  Source code cleanup
>       o  Features/fixes

I'd say stay away from web site and source code clean up; there are
already people working on those, or are very good areas for new
developers to start knowing the code.  Keeping the TODO up to date
probably is a very important tool for coordinating the "janitorial
work."  I remember thinking, when somebody proposed using the
bugtracking system, that other projects need it (bugtracking) because
they don't have a Bruce Momjian to do it for them.

Applying patches, mantaining the TODO and FAQ and coordinating things
are, AFAICS, part of your "historical" duties, so while they could
certainly be handled by someone else, it may be best for you to keep on
it.

You should really keep on your talks and courses.  Given that teaching
is part of your professional career, you are probably the best qualified
person to do it.

I don't know much about articles, but if you can put some work on
updating your book it would be really cool.

I don't have an opinion on the Win32 issue.

"No renuncies a nada. No te aferres a nada."

      joining column's datatypes do not match