Robert,

> on techdocs there is a todo.php file which is probably completely bogus.
> theres some indecision on the direction of this site. I would like to
> convert the whole thing to CVS, including the wiki pages that comprised the
> guides section.  others are testing using bricolage to make a new site at
> which time some of the data would be transitioned over.

Yeah, that's me & Elein & David F.   We feel pretty strongly that PostgreSQL
needs a place where users can contribute to documentation and help other
users without learning HTML, SGML, or CVS.   Otherwise, we're throwing away a
lot of potential contributions and ignoring a lot of the community that wants
to help but find the barrier to entry too high.

I also see Techdocs as a "test site" for maybe moving more parts of
postgresql.org to a sophisticated CMS; while CVS is nice for version control,
it does nothing to help control style consistency, dynamic linking, or
multi-lingualism, which must all still be done 100% manually.

However, we've been real sluggards about getting this up & running.   So if
you get the other stuff re-built and we're still lagging, then you'll have
come up with a very persuasive argument to do things your way.

>  i happen to think
> there are several files on this site that should be moved to the main www
> site, i'd be happy to expand on that if people start doing work on it.

Probably, yes.

> really the most important thing here is that we get some movement on the
> site in order to ditch the old VM the site lives on and get it on our new
> web VM.

On techdocs?   What part of that needs to be migrated?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend