Marc G. Fournier wrote:

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Robert Treat wrote:

I know most people have talked about using bugzilla, but is anyone
familiar with GNATS? I'm currently rereading Open Sources and there's a
paragraph or two mentioning it's use and the fact that it can be
interfaced with completely by email.

FreeBSD uses it almost exclusively and it supports email interaction with the database, but I don't think there are very many good GUI front ends for it (or, at least, not that I've seen) ...

No.

A few other thoughts:
. the Samba team have apparently abandoned their own tool and moved to bugzilla
. if we used bugzilla this might give some impetus to the bugzilla team's efforts to provide pg as a backend (maybe we could help with that)
. it would seem slightly strange to me for an RDBMS project to use a bug tracking system that was not RDBMS-backed
. developers are far more likely to be familiar with bugzilla
. are there any active developers without web access? If not, why is pure email interaction important?

Bugzilla is far from perfect. But it's getting better.

cheers

andrew

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster