Marc G. Fournier writes:

> > Do we have any data on how many people download the partial tarballs
> > (-base, -opt, etc.)?  I have a feeling that more people are confused by
> > them than use them.
>
> on ftp.postgresql.org itself, since June 4th:

Interesting.  Note that in most cases people download the -base tarball
less often than the other ones, at best just as often as the other ones.
This seems to indicate that people appear to want everything and they are
confused about what they need to download.

> Note that, in the case of FreeBSD ports, they download only base and opt:

They don't install the documentation???  How is that a good idea?

--
Peter Eisentraut   [EMAIL PROTECTED]