Marc G. Fournier wrote:

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
I'm confused. My understanding from what Tom said is that it affects all
configurations.

the stats collector problem, from what I've seen through this list, affects Solaris, and only some Solaris configuration ..

But the issue at hand is this one:

Tom Lane wrote:
> This worked in 7.3:
>
> regression=# select '1999-jan-08'::date;
> ERROR:  date/time field value out of range: "1999-jan-08"
> HINT:  Perhaps you need a different "datestyle" setting.

Seems like this would affect everyone who uses this style of date in their app. If it isn't a must fix for 7.4, we should plan 7.4.1 for a fairly quick follow up.

Joe