On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier writes:
>
> > That is the usual goal *nod*  Same goal we try for each release, and never
> > quite seem to get there ... we'll try 'yet again' with 7.5 though, as we
> > always do :)
>
> I don't see how we could have tried for a 4-month development period and
> ended up with an 8-month period.  Something went *really* wrong there.
> Part of that may have been that few people were actually aware of that
> schedule.

Everyone on  -hackers should have been aware of it, as its always
discussed at the end of the previous release cycle ... and I don't think
we've hit a release cycle yet that has actually stayed in the 4 month
period :(  Someone is always 'just sitting on something that is almost
done' at the end that pushes it further then originally planned ...