On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 14:33, James Rogers wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Is there any pre-existing protocol for a company to pay for specific
> features to be added to PostgreSQL?

There are several people who do this type of work (Neil, Joe, David, the
folks are Command Prompt Inc., etc.).

Personally, I think the best way is simply to make a post on -hackers
with a description of what you want to accomplish with a call for
estimates and proposals. Ensure you require the feature to be applied to
the main code line so it will be maintained for future releases.

I say a description of what you want to accomplish because certain
features are not as useful on PostgreSQL as they are other databases
(data partitioning being one of them, due to the ability to use partial
indexes) so you may not achieve what you are expecting.