On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 06:59:45PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Sure.  I logged into the main server machine and cd'ed to CVSROOT.  I
> > then when to the src/bin/initdb directory, and because I didn't have
> > permisssions, I moved initdb.c,v to another file name then copied it to
> > the original name so I owned the file.  I then removed the execute bits
> > from the file.  I did that for initdb.c and dirmod.c.  I then removed
> > files from my local CVS and did a CVS update and the files no longer
> > have execute bits.
>
> Um.  Can anyone else check into those files now?

Looks fine in CVSup.  But in src/port I now see a file named "x" that
appears to be the old dirmod.c,v ...

BTW, I can see a whole lot of files with the executable bit:

find pgsql-server/ -type f -perm +0333 -ls

"Those who use electric razors are infidels destined to burn in hell while
we drink from rivers of beer, download free vids and mingle with naked
well shaved babes." (http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=44793&cid=4647152)