On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 02:35:11PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Karel Zak writes:
>
> >   in our TODO is the item: "Add PL/PgSQL packages".
>
> I think the interesting part are the package-global variables.  The
> name hierarchy seems completely redundant with schemas.

 Agree, but there is more advantage than package-global variables
 only. The Oracle PACKAGE:

    - package is interface definition only and the real functions are
    defined in PACKAGE BODY, it allows you change internal logic, but
    interface is still same.

    - package-global cursors

    - package-global variables

    - ??

 Maybe  PACKAGE can  be in  PostgreSQL implemented  as special  a little
 extended schema (like sequence are  special table) and we needn't think
 about something new.

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>