Tom Lane writes:

> I believe the idea is that instead of
>   --with-krb5=/usr/kerberos
> you now need
>   --with-krb5 --with-includes=/usr/kerberos/include --with-libs=/usr/kerberos/lib
> or some variant like that.  It'd be good for the docs to be more
> explicit about this change.

If you have anything to add to this, let me know:

      <varlistentry>
       <listitem>
        <para>
         Build with support for Kerberos authentication. You can use
         either Kerberos version 4 or 5, but not both.  On many
         systems, the Kerberos system is not installed in a location
         that is searched by default (e.g., <filename>/usr/include</>,
         <filename>/usr/lib</>), so you must use the options
         <option>--with-includes</> and <option>--with-libraries</> in
         addition to this option.  <filename>configure</> will check
         for the required header files and libraries to make sure that
         your Kerberos installation is sufficient before proceeding.
        </para>
       </listitem>
      </varlistentry>

--