Kind people,

As a perl weenie, I'm used to being able to do things with regexes
like

$text =~ s/(foo|bar|baz)/NO UNIX WEENIES HERE/;
$got_it = $1;

While PL/Perl is great, it's not available everywhere, and I'd like to
be able to grab atoms from a regex match in, say, a SELECT.  Is there
some way to get access to them?

TIA for any pointers on this :)

Cheers,
David Fetter [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://fetter.org/
phone: +1 510 893 6100    cell: +1 415 235 3778

Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of
property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against
the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have
none at all.
                                                    Adam Smith