Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

I couldn't agree more. Look at this very instance. He now found the right reindex command and the corrupted file is gone. We don't have the slightest clue what happened to that file. Was it truncated? Did some other process scribble around in the shared memory? How do you tell now?

The end user just could not care less. They want their machine running again as soon as is humanly possible without going through a back and forth process of subscribing to some lists they don't care about, etc.

I know, that's (unfortunately) true. Although it's not very farsighted because better bug reports usually lead to better software in the next release.

Jan

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings