Greg Stark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Kurt Roeckx <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> I did start by changing all the context's to void *, but you'll
>> loose the real type that it gets called with, so the other calls
>> will not generate warnings anymore because of wrong type.

> But at least you'll get a warning if someone passes a non-pointer or an
> incorrect number of arguments altogether.

Note that in practice, the walker/mutator routines are not called from
random places, but by a *very* small number of macros used in clauses.c.
Thus, the probability that someone will introduce a bug into the call
sites is small, and the probability that they'd not discover it
instantly is even smaller.

Given that consideration, I don't see what the point is of trying to
tighten these prototypes.  ISTM it adds notational clutter for
essentially zero gain.